Monday, June 20, 2011

Things Overheard ( With Limited Commentary)

No pictures, just some things I have overheard while riding with my family.

James to Una- This is no intersection to dally in.

Una in response to her father- I did not dally, nor did I frolic.


Me to Declan- There is a gas station. Should we stop and get some?

Declan- Mom! We don't need gas for bicycles.

Me- Oh, that's right. We can use apples and bananas. I forgot.

Declan- Or mangos! Or pineapples. Or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Me- Or soup.

Declan- Or stew! Or hamburgers.....

30 minutes later we had covered escargot and asparagus and pumpkin pie and many other things. It was decided that people on bicycles had better options for fuel sources than the cars did.


Two people passing me in the bike lane

Person #1- I never know where to ride. In the door zone or next to traffic.

Person#2- Depends on how much time you have to heal.

It is a shame that those who ride in San Francisco have to think this way, but there it is.


Another pair in the bike lane

Person #1- You want to head to (some club I have never heard of)?

Person#2- No. My ass is on fire from this f'ing seat. Let's just go to Amnesia.

Perhaps she wanted to forget her ass?

Have you heard anything interesting as your fellow travelers pass you in the bike lane?

6 comments:

  1. "30 minutes later we had covered escargot . . ."

    Yeah, I think that's probably the best approach to the stuff.

    "Have you heard anything interesting as your fellow travelers pass you in the bike lane?"

    As a general rule those who pass me are too out of breath to say much of anything. Those who are not are too antisocial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I did not dally, nor did I frolic."

    Really?

    This sounds like it was was melodrama-inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cully- Una is a melodramatic pre-teen, so it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is Heaven (OOPS! I mean Portland), we have a brewery called Amnesia. Not sure it do much for a fiery ass, but it's good place to grab a pint after a ride!

    ReplyDelete