Thursday, November 11, 2010

los angeles on $100 a day via nytimes

you guyyyyyys, the frugal traveler (seth kugel) went to LA and discovered that to be able to do LA on $100 a day, the best option was....(everybody now) RENT A BIKE.

a lil excerpt (emphasis mine):

WHEN I told people I was visiting Los Angeles for a week without setting foot in a car, one word came up more than any other: “impossible.”

There is the fact that the county covers more than 4,000 square miles. That it has seemingly endless, overlapping multi-lane highways versus a tiny number of bike lanes. And oh, yeah: that it is bisected by a mountain range.

Taken together — not a great place to get around on a bike.

But what if you can’t afford to drive? What if, in fact, you wanted to visit the city on about $100 a day?


so, go on and read more from the frugal traveler! so happy this article exists about el lay in the nytimes. :) i think i may just have to check out this bike in la business very soon. perhaps i can bring a partner in bici dingding crimes. ;)

4 comments:

  1. I have been saying this for ages! LA is totally bikeable! I always take my bicycle when I visit my folks there and I ride it all over the place without a problem. I have to adjust for the heat, and sometimes give up because of it, but that really comes down to knowing when to leave and which streets have the most shade trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes you have! even on this here bloggie!

    i can't wait to try it out for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. $25 on food? whoa, that's really cool :) where did you go to eat?

    ReplyDelete