Monday, September 21, 2009

Riding With My Mom

The last time I remember riding a bike with my Mom, I ended up slamming into a huge pothole at 25 MPH and permanently damaging my ribcage. That isn't why we haven't been out on a ride together since 1989, just the facts of our last two wheeled adventure.

Over the last few years, my Mom has not been out on her bike very often. When I head down south to see my folks, I usually end up cleaning the bikes off a bit, they are usually covered in cobwebs and pine needles.


This last trip to Chatsworth, I was able to go without the kids, and Mom and I were able to hang out together for a bit. Mom decided she wanted to ride to the café with me (my regular ritual no matter where I am in the world). I was delighted to have her along for the ride, and even more so when she threw on a skirt and decided to forgo the helmet so she could have her picture taken for Vélo Vogue (not a requirement, BTW).


The best part of the ride, other than just riding with my Mom, was when she decided to go run errands without me (I was too hot to ride). She uses her bike for errands more, these days. I had to laugh when she out biked me! Go, Mom!!

Oh, and she crocheted the basket liner herself. She's making me one as I type!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! Riding with mom is the best. ;) Her basket is adorable, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post makes me so happy! i would love to ride with my mom, but she's more of a runner. it's nice bonding time to do something physically active with your parents. i bet your kids feel the same way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though it's now clear that I am stalking this blog, I have to post here to say Mom is too cute on her bicycle! I LOVE the basket liner. Thank goodness I knit and crochet too, or I'd be more than a little envious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stalk away! We like the enthusiasm : )

    ReplyDelete